Register

Need Help on hardware

Motherboard
Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi
CPU
Ryzen 5 3600
Graphics
GTX 1660 Super
I have a Aurus PRO b450 MB , R5 3600 CPU and a 1660 super card. What I wanna know is will this setup good for hackintosh latest versions ? I heard that AMD cpu won't support hackintosh. Even working I won't be able to do anay virtualization tasks . Is it true ?

I have a Aurus PRO b450 MB , R5 3600 CPU and a 1660 super card. What I wanna know is will this setup good for hackintosh latest versions ? I heard that AMD cpu won't support hackintosh. Even working I won't be able to do anay virtualization tasks . Is it true ?
1660... Nvidia? if so then no version of macOS

Your B450 motherboard and R5 3600 CPU are fine, your Nvidia GPU is not supported in any version of macOS.

Change the Nvidia GPU for a compatible AMD GPU and you should be able to run any version of macOS from High Sierra to Sonoma with your AMD system. See the AMD section of the GPU Buyers Guide linked below for a list of compatible AMD GPU's.

I have a Aorus PRO b450 MB , R5 3600 CPU and a 1660 super card. What I wanna know is will this setup good for hackintosh latest versions ? I heard that AMD cpu won't support hackintosh. Even working I won't be able to do any virtualization tasks . Is it true ?
The Nvidia GTX 1660 Super is NOT supported on MacOS.

Replace it with a supported AMD card like the RX 580 or RX 6600 (Monterey or later) and then you should be able to install and run MacOS on your system.

Apple never used AMD CPUs in real Macs, so AMD CPUs are NOT supported. However, you should still be able to install and run MacOS as there are numerous success stories here.

Virtualization, however, will be a problem on AMD hackintoshes. Virtualization applications designed for MacOS most likely will only have support with Intel CPUs since that was what Apple used in the past. These applications (like VMware Fusion) will probably require Intel specific CPU instructions which may not be available on AMD CPUs.

If you need to run virtualization applications on MacOS I strongly recommend using an Intel system. Or, you may just install Windows or Linux and use that as host (in such a case you will not need to replace your graphics card).

Back