Contribute
Register

Need bluetooth 4.0? Get it here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE = found the perfect location for the adapter // on the right side of the wired apple keyboard USB port :)

Before I had it installed on the front of my rack mount 4U server case holding the hackintosh goodies (5 X Hard Drive hot swap bay...etc). Could close the rack mount case but it did hit the adapter slightly on the front end. Now its even closer to the mouse, and I can close the case like normal. Anyway so excited over a $10 part!

Thanks all - hope this helps someone - it seems 10.X supports this part natively from what I can tell?? Packaging does not say OS X supported but it does work for me out of the box (no kext or drivers needed to be installed). Just had to turn on bluetooth in system preferences. WOW!! LOVE IT!! Now it really feels like the mac pro at work but even faster - and a hell of allot cheaper :)

May sound corny but the term "Happiness is Hackintosh" comes to mind. Tony and crew should make t-shirts and sell them. :)

-G

Hey @gabrieljsmith1 can you point me to your build specs for your system? Just put together a fantastic Z50-70 Hack Book Pro that's working remarkably well and would like to go for a more powerful build to replace my aging Mac Pros.

hello , i too got this adapter Iogear GBU521W6 and would like to use it on MacPro 1.1 + OSX 10.10.5 instead of the internal Original Apple Bluetooth Card 2.0 for Internet Sharing via Bluetooth PAN (from Computer to Cell Phone or Ipad). Unfortunately this device is able to be activated, but the Internet is not coming through (Bluetooth PAN in Network says "is not able to connect to the Internet") . I dont know if the problem lies with Yosemite or with this dongle. So far i was able to correctly share internet via Bluetooth PAN only on the last supported OsX for MacPro 1.1 which is Lion 10.7.5 . Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I am having a problem that (seemingly) no on else is.
First off I am running 10.7.5 on a Mac Pro 1,1 and using the GBU521 BT dongle. I edited my bt kext per this post and when I plug in the dongle I don't get bluetooth in the System Preferences. It does show up in the System Info as a unknown USB device.
View attachment 59502
I double checked and the Product ID and the Vendor ID are correct in the kext to the system info page. Yet when I try to manually open the BT preferences pan from the /PreferncesPane folder It says "You can’t open the “Bluetooth” preferences pane because it is not available to you at this time."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Did you ever fix this?

Let me begin by saying I am a complete novice. But maybe you will have pity on me and try to help me figure out how to get the IOGear bluetooth 4.0 micro adapter working on my 2009 iMac on OS 10.11.16 (2.8 Ghz intel core i7). I have tried plugging and restarting, no dice. I then tried editing the .plist as suggested on the first page of this thread but it wouldn't accept the change (another site suggested downloading a kext utility, but I think someone on this forum said it was loaded with malware). Any other ideas on how to move forward? I am trying to get this working so my 7 year old can use it to learn basic programming with the Lego WeDo 2.0 that he got from grandpa for Christmas. Thanks so much in advance for any insight or ideas you can provide for this novice. And feel free to spell it out in big crayons.

Hello folks, is it possible to have bluetooth 4.0 with snow leopard? thanks

help me!!!
I bought bluetooth adapter ioegar gbu521w6 but when i put it in my hackintosh with yosemite it does not recognize it and and if i open bluethooth me from this ...

Attachments

• Senza titolo.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 135
I have the same dongle. Will this work in clover boot loader or on bios if I do the things mentioned? If not is there a way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back