Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I tried to setup a hackintosh. The hardware I used for it

Gigabyte X48 DQ6
Q8200
4 GB DDR2
GeForce GTX 280

When I boot with iBoot, OSX works fine but using multibeast doesn't work. I tried every configuration I find in the web, but no way to get even a picture without iBoot. But I also have limitations when using iBoot. There is only 32 Bit mode available, the network card works only with 100Mbit/s instead of Gbit/s and I have no audio input, so my mic doesn't function.

So at least I came to the conclusion to build up a new system with focus on hackintosh.

I'm thinking abou following configuration:
Core i5 760
4/8 GB DDR3
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4

My questions are:
1. Which graphics would be the best, when i plan to play under osx? Is the GTX 280 ok or would it be better to get a 5770 or 5870?
2. Which components makes the fewest work and are the most compatible? Something like installing OSX with iBoot and that it, no multibeast or kext hacking would be great.
3. Are there still problems or limitations with that kind of hackintosh regarding a real mac?
I already had a hackintosh some years ago and there where strong problems with iTunes and iWork, which both freeze the computer or slowed it down to a unusable speed.
4. Also very import is the sleep mode, does it work with this components?

At least sorry for my bad english :)

And thx for ur help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back