Contribute
Register

My first build - Z77X-UP5-TH with Asus GTX660 install problem(s) ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
Intel Core i7 3770K
Graphics
ASUS GeForce GTX 660
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is my first venture into hackintosh land !
Anyway, I followed the tonymacx86 guide, and the Unibeast install went well, and I had a booting OS ML on my Sandisk Extreme 128 SSD !! Then I followed, carefully, the suggested Hacks by Alpha page, and on re-boot, I got a white screen which wouldn't go away.

I'm pretty green at this, and the threads I found with this "white screen" problem (connected with the GTX660, apparently) seemed to indicate a fix had NOT been found so far. I wasn't sure what do do next, but I figured that for starters, I had to re-install ML.

I used Disk Utility did an "erase" on the Sandisk, and re-ran Unibeast. I thought it was going well, but on re-boot, I did not get a boot into ML, but rather a black DOS looking screen (see attached jpg.)
DSCN6683-0.8K.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated !

Thanks,

Ron

OK, my bad ...

(1) it was not "proper" to merely "erase" the ML partition on the Sandisk SSD mentioned earlier. I now blew away the partition with Disk Utility, re-created it, ran the Unibeast, and I was back into a ML desktop !!

(2) I did NOT carefully follow all of the steps in Hacks by Alpha for my Z77X-UP5-TH. I was more careful this time

(3) I was working with 10.8.3 and the Hacks by Alpha page for the Z77X-UP5-TH seem to be assuming 10.8.2. I could not run the "10.8.2 Supplemental Update" (obviously ... I guess :) Also the "MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Update 2.0" would not run. I guess that it is not needed with the 10.8.3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back