Contribute
Register

My Classic Hackintosh - Macintosh SE / 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
rehpotsirhc - i tried the heat gun thing, and either I was doing it wrong, or was too impatient (i was out there for 45 mins doing it really slowly!) - the result was not something i was happy with.

as for the screen, i got it from ebay. not the same seller, but this the same unit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-TFT-LCD-C...illance_Monitors_Displays&hash=item2321c8cb6c

i got it for $80 shipped (if my memory is right) - iirc the seller was "e-worldseller" - http://myworld.ebay.ca/e-worldseller?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:CA:1181

with that said, still no guarantee that this will work as the "only" monitor in the system. My macbook pro worked with it fine via minidisplayport>VGA adapter (to test it) - but whether the hackintosh is happy with it, along with another 1080p hdmi device... that remains to be seen.

Thx all for the kind words.. it's not finished yet :)

I also saw a mod years ago somewhere where the person cut the front of the crt off with an angle grinder, but that would have to be very tricky.

i did see that, but there were no instructions, and i'll be honest - CRT's.. glass.. pressure.. never mind properly de-charging the anode - all of it scares the bejeezus out of me :D

If the SE/30 has been switched off for a long time (days/weeks), you needn't worry about discharging the anode. If there were any danger, you've already been in it when you removed the crt to begin with.
To depressurize to crt, wrap it with a towel or something (and maybe wear safety glasses), leaving the very top of the neck exposed. There at the tip, surrounded by pins, is a little glass nipple. Use a pair of pliers to break it off.
This was the official Apple service tech method way back when.

thanks for the tips - maybe if i do this again, i'll consider using the old tube - even if just for the front glass area.

Update:
iboot, snow leopard, F8 DSDT and a few selections from the multibeast list, and it booted with everything except graphics enabler functioning.

using osxtools, created an efi string, copied to boot plist, voila!

So far *almost* everything works - ethernet, DVI out (and into VGA 1024x768 with an adapter to the small screen),, sleep, wake, the works.

sound is working out of "built in" in the sound control panel, going to the green 1/8th" jack. stil have to try HDMI out and see if that audio works.

Attachments

• IMG_5326.JPG
    IMG_5326.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 1,193
  • IMG_5328.JPG
    IMG_5328.JPG
    289 KB · Views: 925
The build looks good but youre case looks awful its so yellowed.
You should really get some retr0bright on that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back