Contribute
Register

My 4530s just exploded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here's how it went.

I rang customer service number, had to number my way through to the right department.
I then got through to a HP representative who I told what just happened. He got my details down including the laptops details. He then instructed me to take out my battery, and charger to then hold down on the power button for a minute. Once the minute was done he then told me to put the charger in this time (no battery inside) and switch on the laptop as i normally would. To my surprise the laptop switches on normally(loading Windows) , after to which he told me to shut it down and then insert the battery this time with also the charger in. I do this and the laptop switches on instantly as it normally does working as if nothing happened(apart from assigning it to my wireless again).

I asked him what the problem could of been to which he says there may of been a static overflow....blah blah.... laptop couldn't take any more static (not exactly sure but something to do with the laptop taking in more then it should have). So i also asked him what would of happened if this never worked and he then informed me he would of sent someone in to pick up my laptop for repairs. I asked him if it would of costed me anything to which he also tells me my laptop is still in its warranty and that it expires on 29 July 2012.

So now my laptop is working as normal.

darkmarvel said:
Ok here's how it went.

I rang customer service number, had to number my way through to the right department.
I then got through to a HP representative who I told what just happened. He got my details down including the laptops details. He then instructed me to take out my battery, and charger to then hold down on the power button for a minute. Once the minute was done he then told me to put the charger in this time (no battery inside) and switch on the laptop as i normally would. To my surprise the laptop switches on normally(loading Windows) , after to which he told me to shut it down and then insert the battery this time with also the charger in. I do this and the laptop switches on instantly as it normally does working as if nothing happened(apart from assigning it to my wireless again).

I asked him what the problem could of been to which he says there may of been a static overflow....blah blah.... laptop couldn't take any more static (not exactly sure but something to do with the laptop taking in more then it should have). So i also asked him what would of happened if this never worked and he then informed me he would of sent someone in to pick up my laptop for repairs. I asked him if it would of costed me anything to which he also tells me my laptop is still in its warranty and that it expires on 29 July 2012.

So now my laptop is working as normal.

This is typical for HP. They have a litany of things they make you do before they issue a replacement order. When I have to file a warranty claim with HP, I've usually been so exaustive in my own troubleshooting that I typically just say, "Yes." to all of their "Please try this" questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back