Contribute
Register

Multiple Graphics Cards, can't use one if using the other. Plus need cpus=1 to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z77 Pro4-M
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, so I've been browsing the web for a day and a half now and I can't seem to find anything that helps me out. I've got a 5 monitor setup powered by 1 - Nvidia GTX 650 1 GB, 1 - AMD Radeon 7570 2 GB, and Intel HD 4000 graphics. The base computer is a ASRock Z77 Pro4-M with Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4 GHz with 26 GB of RAM. My issue is I have to have cpus=1 to boot no matter what. Then when it comes to the graphics, when I have the internal graphics as the primary adapter in the BIOS, OS X only displays on 3 monitors, 2 on the Nvidia card, and the other on the HD 4000 graphics, but the HD 4000 monitor freezes on the Apple Logo while the other monitors have full QE/CL. If I set the primary graphics adapter to PCIe, the AMD graphics card works partially, while the HD 4000 doesn't. So, then 3 monitors work, 2 being the nvidia card, and the other non QE/CL, but functioning on the AMD card. The other monitor connected to the AMD card doesn't work when OS X boots. OS X doesn't even recognize it. OS X recognizes the AMD card, but doesn't recognize the card fully. It is recognized all the time, but the monitor only works and is recognized when the BIOS prioritizes it. Monitor information and port information below. Weird I know, but any body got some ideas for me to try?

Monitor Setup:

Nvidia Card
1 HDMI Monitor (ASUS 22 in)
1 DVI Monitor (Acer 20 in)

AMD Card
1 DVI to VGA Monitor (Dell 17 in VGA only)
1 HDMI to DVI Monitor (Dell 19 in)

Intel Card
1 VGA Monitor (Dell 17 in VGA only)

Port Information:

Nvidia Card
1 Mini HDMI port
1 DVI-D port
1 DVI-I port

AMD Card
1 DVI-I port
1 HDMI port
1 Display Port

Intel Card

1 HDMI port
1 DVI-D port
1 VGA port

I also have a 5 monitor setup currently running off my MBP and considering building a Hackintosh.
Would love to know if you have had any success with your 5 monitors. My current assumption is that il need 2 graphics cards of the same model and or Vram (one pushing 3, the other 2 outputs). To push 5 displays @1080 im guessing il need something like 4GB or Vram. Im curious as to your current setup and amount of Vram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back