Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.xx break something that worked in 4.61 - Solved Mountain Lion Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel DP55WB
CPU
Core i7-860
Graphics
ATI 5670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After spending many, many hours, and days, I finally fixed the sound in Mountain Lion. (Realtek 888 integrated graphics on Intel DP55WB motherboard).

I was using this system with Lion from a UniBeast flash drive and everything always worked. I initially installed it with MultiBeast 4.3. I checked off EZBeast, System Utilities, Realtek 888 and hnak NIC and EVERYTHING was fine.

Then I tried a clean install of Mountain Lion with UniBeast 1.5.3 (same results with UniBeast 1.5x and 1.4 too) and everything worked but the sound. No matter what option(s) I tried for Realtek, it failed, usually with a panic that required a complete reinstallation.

Today, I finally fixed it. Solution is to use MultiBeast 4.6.1 but with these sound options:

- Realtek ALC8xx
- Unified Device Injector > check ALC8xxHDA for legacy
- AppleHDA Rollback > check
- Non-DSDT HDAEnabler > check ALC888

I repeated these tests to confirm that MultiBeast 5.xx breaks something in the Realtek 888 audio and causes a panic

I went back to Lion and MultiBeast 4.6.1 and checked off Realtek 888 and that too panics .... BUT.... I can reboot with Unibeast drive and then select the OSX hard drive and THEN the sound works.

Anyone know if there are switches in MultiBeast 5.xx that work with Realtek 888 and Mountain Lion?

Richard

Intel DP55WB, Core i7-860 (first gen) - integrated Realtek 888 sound
8G Kingston ram @ 1333MHz
Seagate 1.5 TB SATA drive
ATI 5670 video card

Hello:

I have the same motherboard as you, but I have XFX GTS250 1 GB video card.

Can you please the post-installation options you used with Multibeast 5.0.2 ....???

The system boots fine with Unibeast bootloader, but as soon as I use multibeast, kernel panics across the board.

It will be appreciated if you please post which options you picked for the post-installation configuration...

Thank you.

Hi,

Note, I could NOT get MultiBeast 5.xx working with Mountain Lion. I did get it working perfectly with MultiBeast 4.61. I used EZ Beast, System Utilities, Realtek 888 Legacy and AppleIntel Ethernet.

I get QE/CI working at 1920x1080 and full sound and lan.

I used UniBeast 1.5.3 to get the initial installation done, then used MultiBeast 4.6.1 to boot from hard drive and fix the sound.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back