Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> MSI RX 5700 MECH 8GB OC, black screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390M Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 6800
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have upgraded to the MSI RX 5700 MECH 8GB OC, I have a Gigabyte Z390 M GAMING with an i7 8700.
I had an RX 580 and it worked flawlessly, I just wanted more power.

I have been racking my brain on getting this working. I have the most updated WEG and LILU installed, I have Clover 5103.
I have added the Boot argu of agdpmod=pikera, I disabled the IGPU in the bios and even switched to the imacpro1.1 SMBIOS. It booted once. and then its black screen after the progress bar every time, I have changed the DP port and nothing is working.
I would appreciate the help.
I attached my clover file, I removed the serial number though.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.2 MB · Views: 53
Ok So I have booted but now whenever my screens "sleep" I have to unplug and replug a monitor for it to come back on.... I have dual Monitors. It also has VDA Decoder as Decoder Failed.
It also takes a long time to start up. I will do a -V boot to see where it is hanging.
I am reattaching my current Clover Folder as it is updated from the previous one. Also I now have an 8700K.
I could really use some help to get this stable. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 33
Ok well, I fixed it somehow. I set up the IGPU in headless mode and all is working, I added agdpmod=pikera and that was about it in the end, I just tweaked things. It does take a while at boot for it to have the screens come on but it does after what feels like a minute or so.
Here is my current clover.plst if it helps anyone with the same or similar set up as me. I do not think my USB is working quite right or my usb hub is garbage (quite likely) and I am not good with the ssdt dsdt stuff.
I currently have dual monitors, currently, one is hooked up in DP and the other HDMI, that will change tonight.

I used https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ified-efi-5700xt-freezes-in-os.286206/page-29 this thread to figure it out.
I hope this helps.

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.9 KB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back