Contribute
Register

Mouse suddenly not working but keyboard working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87M-D3H
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770K
Graphics
EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 Superclocked
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys,
Long time forum addict first time poster. I normally find my solutions here on the forum some place but this one has me stumped.

I had a issue with me USB freezing the system when inserting a USB device. (Not the issue right now) I was trying to change the kext from this forum post I tried to change two separate kext. When I restarted the system My mouse no longer worked.

The keyboard works fine but I cant do anything without a mouse.
Both my keyboard and mouse are Logitech wireless, they connect through the same Bluetooth dongle.
I have tried using a wired mouse
I want to undo my changes by replacing the edited ones with my back ups but cant do this without a keyboard and a mouse.

The only I change I made was to my kext. Can some one please Help. I am close to doing a complete reinstall.

I tried booting up in safe mode -x and replacing the kext there, it seemed to work but then I got an error and the mouse stopped working after reboot.
Now when I boot into safe boot nothing works keyboard or mouse.

Is there any way I can restore my old kext outside of the OS or has anyone got any other Ideas.

TL;DR I messed with my kext and now mouse doesn't work and I cant do anything.
Any Ideas.

Thanks

Just reinstall without formatting the hard drive.

Yup , figured that was my only course of action.

Can I just use MacOsx recovery would that work seamlessly with my already installed bootloader.

Or do I have to create a bootable USB on a different mac following the installation guide. This would involve a tri to a friends house and a couple of hours.

Thanks for you help
Max.

Yup , figured that was my only course of action.

Can I just use MacOsx recovery would that work seamlessly with my already installed bootloader.

Or do I have to create a bootable USB on a different mac following the installation guide. This would involve a tri to a friends house and a couple of hours.

Thanks for you help
Max.

If you have access to another Mac / Hack you can connect your hard drive to it and reverse the changes that you made.

You should try a USB mouse before doing anything else.

Thats sounds beyond me.

EDIT:
My pals mac is a hackintosh laptop,. I was talking to My pal and he said I can connect it using a USB.

Before I go off with entire OS in hand on my bike in the rain, Did I mention I only have one leg.

Is the Mac recovery not an option? It sounds a lot simpler.

Thanks Again
Max

The hair Folicals are being tested now...

Tried to press cmd R during boot to get into recovery mode No Dice.

So I went for a complete reinstall of Yosemite.

I cant get a copy of Yosemite anywhere!! Apple Have removed it as far as I can see.

I tried to update to El Capitan but I am getting the as yet unsolved Unibeast problem
Cannot remove installation packages problem

Is there a downloadable version of Yosemite anywhere. ??

I actually have a copy on my computer but alass I cant access it see original problem.

Entire day lost at this stage I am starting to worry it may be more than that. Maybe the week. I am off to find Yosemite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back