Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Rev. 2
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
XFX RX 580
Hi All,

I'm new here, but have been viewing posts from all users for the past few days, researching the parts to buy, installation, etc. This is an awesome forum BTW.

I'm at the buying stage of my CustoMac and was wondering how do you determine if a motherboard is Rev. 1 or 2? Will it be displayed on the box or am I looking for a particular spec.? From reading a few threads it seems like Rev. 2 is the way to go for the Gigabyte GA-X85A-UD3R. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

It should tell you on the site description you are purchasing from.

Thanks zionic for the reply. I'm actually buying all my parts in person since I live by both Frys and Micro Center. Plus I don't want to deal with RMAs and shipping in case of defects.

However, I've read the detailed description twice over on the store site and there's no mention of REV. Hopefully the sales associate will know when I go in.

Thanks.

o_mega05 said:
Thanks zionic for the reply. I'm actually buying all my parts in person since I live by both Frys and Micro Center. Plus I don't want to deal with RMAs and shipping in case of defects.

However, I've read the detailed description twice over on the store site and there's no mention of REV. Hopefully the sales associate will know when I go in.

Thanks.

It's typically printed on the board itself, but I'm not sure if that's any use to you.

o_mega05 said:

Thanks.
On the Gigabyte motherboard boxes it's listed in the hardware description

I was looking to find the different too.. after I bought my X58A-UD3R, but found out that bios using FA,B or C is Rev.2 and F1, 2, 3 is Rev.1,, is this right??
btw.. I know my version in the bios it said FB..

zelduy said:
I was looking to find the different too.. after I bought my X58A-UD3R, but found out that bios using FA,B or C is Rev.2 and F1, 2, 3 is Rev.1,, is this right??
btw.. I know my version in the bios it said FB..
Correct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back