amd radeon 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hello
i would like to know if the asus maximus v formula is compatible enough to run mountain lion ?

hello
i would like to know if the asus maximus v formula is compatible enough to run mountain lion ?

Probably, but I would recommend using a Gigabyte motherboard like the GA-Z77X-UD5H or the GA-Z77X-UP5 TH (have Thunderbolt) that is listed in the Buyer's Guide.

hello

noizyboynick

As Jamesbond007 has pointed out - one gets better results w Gigabyte and most of the MB in the forums are from that manufacture it is not impossible to get that MB to work - just be aware that some MB parts like audio codecs are important if you want audio - even for Gigabyte MB's - for example VIA codecs are a bit harder to get working than Realtec codecs.

Do a Google search on the term "asus maximus v formula + hackintosh" and you should get some hits for links for info and videos on this motherboard.

Some issues are found but for the most part a ML install should be able to get done on that MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back