Contribute
Register

Mojave, Nvidia 740 works with native kext, and has full acceleration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z390
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580, GT 740
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I made a z390 with an I5 9600k processor. Everything is working except the 630 works but has a black scree. I had to move Vodo to S/L/E to get audio working. USB3.1 works.

My old ASUS Nvidia 2 GIG card works with native drivers with full video acceleration, but not with a 750 TI.

If I put a second Nvidia in slot 2 it has no video and just shows up as a display.

So why does the 740 work but not the 750 work?

If I run Heaven with default settings, it will run at 7fps.

Attachments

• asus.jpg
    asus.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 159
  • z390 intel.mb
    4.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 7.16.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 7.16.33 PM.png
    582.8 KB · Views: 204
  • config-generate.plist
    15.4 KB · Views: 144
I made a z390 with an I5 9600k processor. Everything is working except the 630 works but has a black scree. I had to move Vodo to S/L/E to get audio working. USB3.1 works.

My old ASUS Nvidia 2 GIG card works with native drivers with full video acceleration, but not with a 750 TI.

If I put a second Nvidia in slot 2 it has no video and just shows up as a display.

So why does the 740 work but not the 750 work?

If I run Heaven with default settings, it will run at 7fps.

You are not asking for Buying Advice. That said....

GT 740 is based on the Kepler architecture, which has native support under MacOS Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave. But GTX 750 Ti is based on the Maxwell architecture, which is not natively supported in MacOS and requires Nvidia web drivers to work. There are as yet no Mojave web drivers and so the GTX 750 Ti won't work fully.

@poofyhair, please update your profile (account details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

You are not asking for Buying Advice. That said....

GT 740 is based on the Kepler architecture, which has native support under MacOS Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave. But GTX 750 Ti is based on the Maxwell architecture, which is not natively supported in MacOS and requires Nvidia web drivers to work. There are as yet no Mojave web drivers and so the GTX 750 Ti won't work fully.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back