Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Mojave MSI H310I PRO, I5-9400F, GT 730 (sometimes boot stop sign)

Status
Not open for further replies.
9800GT is work I just found this out. I thing only Kepler work on Mojave. In your picture it says the GPU is working correctly.
The GeForce 9 series is the ninth generation of NVIDIA's GeForce series of graphics processing units, the first of which was released on February 21, 2008. Products are based on a slightly repolished Tesla microarchitecture, adding PCIe 2.0 support, improved color and z-compression, and built on a 65 nm process.

The 9800 GT is not supported by Mojave, it's much too old and is not Metal 2 compliant. Sorry. 5MB of vram means there is no graphics acceleration.

If efihmsihighsierra.zip is used to boot high sierra i get:
Apple logo and loading up to half. Then (without web drivers) reboot or (with them) instead of apple logo just buggy spinning circle that'll spin forever. If I add -v flag I see gIoscreenlockstate 3 again and again.
So let's try make 730 work on HS and tell me So, @artroeb if we won't be able to make my 730 working then should I exchange it (with little additional money!) to "GT 710 1GD3H LP" then? Will that exact model work? (though 1gb vs my current 2gb...) You say you have "Now I used MSI GeForce GT 710 1GB DDR3 LP GDDR3 " but your screenshot says 2048mb.. why?
omg ... I just realized I don't know after installing catalina to 2048mb but on windows and high sierra it's still 1gb.

ok now edit please edit convig.plist change nvda_drv=1 to nv_disable=1 then boot to high sierra if the webdriver is not installed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 6.55.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 6.55.30 PM.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back