Contribute
Register

Mojave 10.14.6 Security Update 2020-002 Safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I wasn't complete. You need Onyx or a similar app for rebuilding caches and an extra config-simple.sys with minimal patches and injections.

On the (fresh) external test drive with current 10.14.6 (including SecUpd2020-001) installing the new SecUpd2020-002 went ok (my previous message above).

When installing the downloaded SecUpd2020-002Mojave.pkg on the internal disk however, I had boot kernel crashes as well, just as many above. Also using SafeBoot (boot argument -x).

Even worse, also after a recovery install of (still previous) OSX. No panic though (I still had my working backup on the external disk), I booted now on the problematic internal disk using my config-simple.sys. No problem! This allowed me to run Onyx > Maintenance (default settings) > wipe all caches etc. Reboot build all caches, and 10.14.6 (18G4032) came up with the full config.sys with all devices running and Security Update 2020-002 installed. Installing Safari 13.1 was no issue.

ps. I did not try. Possibly a Clover boot with 'boot argument -f' with subsequent terminal command 'sudo kextcache -i /' would have been sufficient.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back