Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there people of the tonymacx86 forums :)
(in advance i apologize for any spelling mistakes, English is not my main language)
I am completely new to hackintosh, and just recently bought one off one of my friends, it worked like a charm, but had no GPU installed, so i went out and bought me one yesterday..
(looking at the guide for recommended cards)

I have another HDD with windows 7 on it, and here, everything runs as it should, so i am pretty sure the install was a success - but after installing it, i can't get into mountain lion..
Now before you ask, i have searched the forums, and found people with similar problems, but sadly i didn't find a solution for my problem :(

Let me get to the source of the problem, after listing my hardware
(i hope i am doing this right :) )

CPU: Intel core i7-3770K 3.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX2
GPU: MSI N770 TF 2GD5/OC
2X4 GB kingston RAM
SSD Kington harddisk (for osx)
regular HDD (for windows)
mountain lion 10.8.5

After installing the card, when i try to load mountain lion from the multibeast menu i get a quick flash with the message
"warning: dcbtable_version is 0x1 warning: NVIDIA ROM patching failed"
afterwards it goes to the gray apple splash screen, loads for some time, and then the loading animation freezes, and nothing happens from there..

after reading on this forum, i tried some different things, i tried booting up using GraphicsEnabler=No first of all. When i do this, the spinning animation on the apple splash screen does not freeze, but it still never goes into the OS :(
when loading with the -x command, everything loads up nicely, but i really have no idea what to do with that information, since i still can't use the OS for much in that state..

Like i said, i bought this one pre-installed, so i have a limited knowledge about hackintosh, but i am doing my best to understand how it works, i really hope you peeps can help me out here, it would mean a lot to me :)

i hope i am not breaking any forum rules, or posting this in the wrong place, if so, please let me know so i can make it up :)

yay! i went into BIOS and changed internal graphics to PCI-E, and now all is well!:lolno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back