Contribute
Register

Minihack Mirror Drive Door G4 project

Status
Not open for further replies.
mizino said:
Yeah the build turned out brilliant. I was just wondering if going with water cool might have solved the problem with the original structure.

Partially, as you get around the dvd drive problems (by replacing them with the water cool). Not fully though as there is still the issue of needing to make new metalwork on the door. The other G4s you can keep the same shapes and the framework because (a) the PCI slots are on the correct side and (b) because the shape of the door frame naturally allows a good closing fit. So while you can put a new I/O bracket onto the MDD door you still need to make new metalwork that fill fit it all to the original frame (or a new frame with the same outline). and that frame must be pretty strong to withstand the stresses and strains of opening/closing and holding all the cards in place without flexing.

I might have to learn how to weld and get some proper metalworking stuff to be able to do a good job on the door frame - though the first try will be using a few rivets probably.

Hi. All the images from this original post have a broken links against them. Any chance you can reload. Looking for G4 mdd back door fix.

Do not have a saw tooth to use the door from so would like to see what you did originally.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back