Contribute
Register

Migration from Snow Leo Server to Lion Server (SOLVED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CPU
i5 3570k
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys,

I just bought Lion on the App Store.
As I'm currently running Snow Leo Server 10.6.8, the App Store demanded the purchase of both Lion and the Server add on. So far so good as I was planning to do so anyway!

However when I reboot on my Installer partition and try to install it on my current SL server while launching the install I have an error message saying "The install could not find the server component and can't go further on the installation" (poor traduction from French to English sorry). Any clue on how to adapt the really cool Tony install guide to migrate Lion Server from an SL server?

I managed to install Lion (without the server stuffs) on a blank HD (ok I'm stuck at the Apple login screen 'cause I can't find the @ on my PC keyboard but it's booting!)

Many thanks in adavance,

PS: sorry for my not really fluent English.

Re: Impossible to migrate from Snow Leo Server to Lion Server

nagoyanobakka said:
Hi Guys,

I just bought Lion on the App Store.
As I'm currently running Snow Leo Server 10.6.8, the App Store demanded the purchase of both Lion and the Server add on. So far so good as I was planning to do so anyway!

However when I reboot on my Installer partition and try to install it on my current SL server while launching the install I have an error message saying "The install could not find the server component and can't go further on the installation" (poor traduction from French to English sorry). Any clue on how to adapt the really cool Tony install guide to migrate Lion Server from an SL server?

I managed to install Lion (without the server stuffs) on a blank HD (ok I'm stuck at the Apple login screen 'cause I can't find the @ on my PC keyboard but it's booting!)

Many thanks in adavance,

PS: sorry for my not really fluent English.

I was having this problem upgrading from 10.6.8 Server to 10.7 Server also. Here is the solution.

After you have downloaded Lion AND Lion Server AND run xMove but BEFORE you reboot to the install partition you need to do the following in the terminal:

Code:
sudo cp -r /Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ Data/ServerEssentials.pkg /Volumes/Installer/System/Installation/Packages

Reboot to your Installer drive and you should be set.

Hi sevoneone,

After typing your terminal command no more issue when starting the installation!
I had to leave to work before the installation completion this morning but I'll keep you updated when I'll check if the installation completed.

Thanks again. :thumbup:

It works like a charm, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back