Contribute
Register

Maximus V Formula, 3770k Overclock Won't Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just downloaded:
https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors

after I switched the system definition to Mac Pro 3,1. Everything worked. Your multiplier stops at x8? wow that's really weird. It should range from 1.6 to 3.9 default for 3770k ivy bridge.

Off topic but I had some Cream trance anthems playing and your avatar popped up dancing in time . . . NICE !

I just go with the flow :headbang:

I just downloaded:
https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors

after I switched the system definition to Mac Pro 3,1. Everything worked. Your multiplier stops at x8? wow that's really weird. It should range from 1.6 to 3.9 default for 3770k ivy bridge.

Yep stuck a X8. SSDT is indeed required to over clock at least. And stock PM is X16 X35 normally, hardware monitor never shown me the turbo coeff (X39). If you set your multiplier manually, maybe it will break PM.

After you flashed the bios did you delete the prpoer ktexts? As for hd4000 it needs to be set at x64. Not auto.

After you flashed the bios did you delete the prpoer ktexts? As for hd4000 it needs to be set at x64. Not auto.

To be honest, I'm still new to hackintosh, but what I've figured is that after I flashed my bios I repaired disk permissions via terminal and kext wizard. I haven't deleted ktexts...I don't know which ones are the "proper" ones to delete. With a system definition of Mac Pro 3,1 my HWmonitor has always read the following multipliers: 16 - 18 - 3.5 - 3.9 without setting my multipliers manually in my bios. With my overclock the multipliers jump (albeit arbitrarily) as such: 16 - 18 - 3.5 - 3.9 - 4.7. This overclock I set manually for all 4 cores to be 4.7, but PM works I guess...

Again, I've never tried hd4000 as I have a GTX 670 GPU.

I have never installed any kind of disabler or whastoever kext(s) related to PM :crazy:

And set to 64.. if you use the correct ID ; there is ID for 32 and 96 too ;) depends on which one you inject :)

Hello

I have a 3770K overcloked to 4,7 Ghz and works fine when i run the system definition 12,1, as soon as i set it to the new 13,x HWmonitor just reads the standart 3,5 ghz, any 1 know whats the problem here??

- Karsten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back