Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Making CSR Bluetooth USB dongle works?

Motherboard
Asus P8H61-M LX
CPU
i5-2310
Graphics
9600 GT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello there! I've a bluetooth dongle v2.1 that works fine on my PC under High Sierra. Since it's BT 2.1 I wanted to update the Bluetooth and I found a really cheap BT 5.0 adapter ($2) based on CSR chip. The thing is that I cannot make it work. My BT 2.1 is a CSR chip too, but idk why the newer one doesn't work, maybe I need to edit/add something to the system? I'm attaching a screen capture of the USB info of each adapters... I did a simple research over the Internet but found mixed information. One post claims the USB device name should be Bluetooth HCI for it to work, but mine shows that name on the v2.1 but with the newer one shows USB2.0-BT. I tried USB ports remap but it didn't changed anything. Anyone have any idea what should I try? Thanks.

Attachments

• CSR2.1.png
    CSR2.1.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 15
  • CSR5.0.png
    CSR5.0.png
    122.6 KB · Views: 13
Well, after hours of searching and trying everything I finally found a solution. Cannot remember now where did I download this kext, but it's an injector for CSR devices. It claimed to be compatible only for Catalina, but it works on High Sierra! I'm attaching it here, credits to whoever did this, I cannot recall where did it I found it (I used incognito mode on Chrome, so no browsing history).

Attachments

• CSRBluetoothInjector.kext.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Captura de pantalla 2024-03-27 a la(s) 6.58.05 p. m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2024-03-27 a la(s) 6.58.05 p. m..png
    593.3 KB · Views: 17
Back