Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Well, it looks like the only thing really holding me back from getting Mountain Lion to run on this thing is the graphic card... I assume that the GeForce GT 640 will be enough, since it's listed on the CustoMac build page. My current card has one power cable running to it, but from what I can see on any images of the GT 640, it looks like it doesn't even have a secondary power plug, but even if it does, I doubt it would be more than one (6-pin).

Anyone see any reason why this card (along with the other tricks) wouldn't work for me getting ML to install?

Well, it looks like the only thing really holding me back from getting Mountain Lion to run on this thing is the graphic card... I assume that the GeForce GT 640 will be enough, since it's listed on the CustoMac build page. My current card has one power cable running to it, but from what I can see on any images of the GT 640, it looks like it doesn't even have a secondary power plug, but even if it does, I doubt it would be more than one (6-pin).

Anyone see any reason why this card (along with the other tricks) wouldn't work for me getting ML to install?

Have you got this working? I am considering the same for a Mac Pro 1,1.

I got a GT450 running nicely on my 1,1

Nige

Have you got this working? I am considering the same for a Mac Pro 1,1.
Sorry for the long delay... No, I haven't gotten one yet, but I'm about to (tax return)... Niggly says he got a 450 working fine on a 1,1. I need two dual-link DVIs, so that points me up towards certain cards I guess... Just gotta price shop for a best deal now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back