Contribute
Register

MacOS gradually becomes unresponsive after a while, mouse works but apps beach balled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Precision T3600
CPU
E-2667 v1
Graphics
HD 7950
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just put together a "new" system using some components I had (see build in my signature) and it works great for a bit, but then after a while the whole system seems to lock up.

I tried looking at the log and I can see some errors relating to Safari Sync, address book sync, etc., so I signed out of iCloud and stopped using Safari, but the system still seems to lock up after a few minutes of use.

I have two suspicions: 1: something to do with the GPU. I've tried with my Radeon 570, Nvidia 780ti, and the Intel graphics. The Intel graphics are fine so far but the problem could still manifest itself later.

2: Something funny in the Atheros network driver. I read another post where that was the problem.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm running Mojave for 32bit compatibility with some apps I have, so I haven't tried Catalina yet.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
We were discussing this kind of freeze a few months ago.

As I can remember it was caused mainly by the Photos library. The solution is simply delete the library an let it download again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back