Contribute
Register

"mach 0 file has bad magic number" (PLEASE HELP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can get it to boot, instead of deleting the kernel flag try installing your appropriate dsdt, as this edited the kernel flaf for me... aswell as adding some others to help with the boot

confirm that
-F
solved the issue
thanks

I can get to my desktop, however, it required me to type in -F on each boot. How do I avoid this going further? I've already installed the new Chimera.

I can get to my desktop, however, it required me to type in -F on each boot. How do I avoid this going further? I've already installed the new Chimera.

I resolved this issue myself by re-nameing my old boot.plst and running my DSDT file through Multibeast again. This allows for the creation of a new boot.plist file. This seems to be an issue for people trying to upgrade from SL rather than doing a clean install. I hope this helps some of you out there.

I installed ML. It worked, however when I rebooted I got an error saying "mach-0 has bad magic number". I used boot flag -F to bypass that, and it booted successfully, although the background hung at the Apple boot screen with the wheel and dialogues were popping up in front of that screen. Anyway, it eventually entered ML as normal. I followed instructions here (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...mountain-lion-6xxx-gpu-issues-fix-inside.html) and used Kextbeast to resintall ATI6000Controller.kext. I then rebooted, and am unable to enter OSX. When I boot to my drive, my system restarts just as the white apple boot screen shows. I attempted to boot from my UniBeast USB drive but that also forces a restart when the white apple boot screen loads. I've tried using multiple boot flags without success. I have no idea what happened but I can no longer boot properly after using Kextbeast. Any ideas why? Why would even the USB drive have the same issue?

I'm having the same problem here... I installed ML from SL and at first it worked like charm but I realized sound didn't work properly so I tried to fix it... Now ML is not booting and neither is unibeast in the USB so I think I'll have to reinstall all from 0 :( too bad because I thought I had it all done... Good luck and patience for all the rest...

"mach 0 file has bad magic number" (DSDT.aml reload fixed it)

I resolved this issue myself by re-nameing my old boot.plst and running my DSDT file through Multibeast again. This allows for the creation of a new boot.plist file. This seems to be an issue for people trying to upgrade from SL rather than doing a clean install. I hope this helps some of you out there.

I also upgraded from SL, and received this mach-o problem (the forced reason for upgrade was that I had troubles booting SL last night)

Booting with -v -F and then I am able to get into ML.
So I reinstalled with DSDT (Gigabyte P55A-UD3 rev2 F11) and now I'm stuck with the spinning wheel... at least I'm past the bad mach-O stuff ;)

SOLVED! I had this same issue when I lost power one day something became corrupt. I tried everything in the book. You can either boot into a copy of your drive that you should have made using Carbon copy cloner if you have one or use a unibeast usb to boot into your drive. If you have neither or it doesnt work then use or buy a spare hard drive to make a new installation of osx. What fixed it was booting using -f flag @ chimera to get into the system in my case. Then run multibeast on your damaged partition checking only (UserDSDT or DSDTFree Installation). If you need a different smbios or other settings obviously use them. I had a ton of data on my esata raid array and I boot from it as well so reinstalling was not an option for me. Everything boots and works as it should with no extra kernal flags other then the stock ones installed by multibeast enjoy :)

Update 11-26-13 had the same error again, reinstalled osx on top of the old installation and it fixed it without losing any data, tuxera ntfs may have caused the issue this time, but when I booted it back up all my files were there and tuxera ntfs works perfectly now. I run osx mavericks on a raid array (8TB rocketraid 2302 4TB usable since it running in raid 10 mode), I believe this is a issue with advanced format drives over 2tb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back