Contribute
Register

Mac/Windows dual boot - Windows took over boot loader - can still boot from USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. Installed El Capitan with Unibeast USB, partitioned off space on the same drive for Windows. Installed Multibeast with Clover boot loader. Every reboot Clover came up, perfect. I then installed Windows on the partitioned off space. Now, it boots only to windows. If I boot to my Unibeast USB, I can choose the Mac partition and it still boots no problem. I have tried reinstalling Clover boot loader via multibeast a number of times now to no avail. Any solutions to this? It's like Windows took over the MBR. Do I have to do something within Windows? Any way to fix this or should I permanently leave a USB with unibeast in my comp lol. Or redo this (in which case, where did I go wrong??)

Thank you!!!

Hey guys. Installed El Capitan with Unibeast USB, partitioned off space on the same drive for Windows. Installed Multibeast with Clover boot loader. Every reboot Clover came up, perfect. I then installed Windows on the partitioned off space. Now, it boots only to windows. If I boot to my Unibeast USB, I can choose the Mac partition and it still boots no problem. I have tried reinstalling Clover boot loader via multibeast a number of times now to no avail. Any solutions to this? It's like Windows took over the MBR. Do I have to do something within Windows? Any way to fix this or should I permanently leave a USB with unibeast in my comp lol. Or redo this (in which case, where did I go wrong??)

Thank you!!!
Clover configurator - custom entries - boot volume =

Or better yet, get a separate drive for Windows so you do not have this :banghead:

Clover configurator - custom entries - boot volume =

Or better yet, get a separate drive for Windows so you do not have this :banghead:

Thanks for the tip! I'll have a look and see how it goes. I forgot to mention it's a legacy bootloader. Also, yeah... Having reinstalled like 3x now I think that's probably the way to go. I have access to endless hard drives for free (SATA) but only have one SSD.

Thanks for the tip! I'll have a look and see how it goes. I forgot to mention it's a legacy bootloader. Also, yeah... Having reinstalled like 3x now I think that's probably the way to go. I have access to endless hard drives for free (SATA) but only have one SSD.
You also forgot to put your hardware into your profile or create a sig as the forum rules require. Please fix this before you post again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back