4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone

I have a Mac Pro 3,1 Early 2008 and suddenly its be restarting in sleep mode.

First I noticed this I wanted to access some files from work, I noticed that it wasn't online even though I know I turned it on.

I came back home and it was off. I turned it back on and used it for a little bit, went to do some work on some other stuff, Came back and it was off again.

I turned it back on and let it go to sleep, About 15 minutes after falling asleep the machine shuts down. I then went into SysPrefs and enabled Restart after

Power Failure. I let the machine go back to sleep and then 15 minutes later the machine restarted. Does anybody have any idea as to why the Mac Pro would

be restarting? I tried a reinstall, SMC Reset (Both Methods, Unplug Cord for 15 Seconds and Button Press inside case under HDD 4), PRAM Reset.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Oh BTW its running 10.8.3

I was lucky enough to be given a secondary Mac Pro, The Mac Pro I have is a 3,1 and The Pro I was given was a 1,1 which is now my new Hackintosh, The Power supplies are slightly different but relatively the same. (Basically the cables on the 1,1 are longer so what I did was opened the power supplies and moved the secondary board from one PSU to the other. After that my Mac Behaved like normal :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back