Contribute
Register

Mac Pro for Audio Production

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that it's not the same as TB, like I had said in my first post that if I can use USB C with APPLES ADAPTER TO THUNDERBOLT 2 I seen a post that your able to use APPLES ADAPTER TO THUNDERBOLT 2

But is it more of a hassle to go that way cause I see ppl are having a hassle with pci card
USB-C is the name of the connector. The T3->T2 adapter needs a thunderbolt 3 USB-C connector. Only way with that motherboard is with the expansion card.

Alpine%20Ridge.png

The least hassle is to look for ports labelled like these thunderbolt ports on the GA-Z170X-UD5-TH

20150908134854_big.png

It is reported working with the T3->T2 adapter

I understand that it's not the same as TB, like I had said in my first post that if I can use USB C with APPLES ADAPTER TO THUNDERBOLT 2 I seen a post that your able to use APPLES ADAPTER TO THUNDERBOLT 2

But is it more of a hassle to go that way cause I see ppl are having a hassle with pci card
Yes I understand what your saying now I guess I was just a little confuse about the USB C part so I started looking at this board GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra you think I'll be good with this one, it says it's a thunderbolt 3 Certified

Yes I understand what your saying now I guess I was just a little confuse about the USB C part so I started looking at this board GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra you think I'll be good with this one, it says it's a thunderbolt 3 Certified
Yes, that board has Thunderbolt 3 or USB 3.1 over the USB-C port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back