Graphics
AMD HD7770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have see some great mods on this site and I thought it was about time I showed off mine even though it isn't finished.

Hardware:
CPU: i5-4430
M/B: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 16GB
GPU: AMD HD7770
PSU: Silverstone Strider 650W Gold ST65F-G
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB
FANS: BitFenix Spectre Pro 120mm
Storage: 80GB drive from G5, no doubt the highlight of the system

I really wanted to run a custom watercooling loop and the plan was to run a 240mm rad on the front and the pump/res under the mac pros cpu cover(I would have to buy the cover first) but between the bottom of the case and the HHD bay it falls a few mm short :( however a themaltake AIO will fit so that is on its way

For the PSU I cut a hold so I could side it in from the back and from an old G5 I cut a larger rectangle with a cutout for the plug and riveted that in place

No idea why but I bought sleeved red cables even though when it is all done you wont be able to see any. Is there anyway to clean that metal? it is looking kind of used :(
FYI all drive bays working with http://www.maxupgrades.com/istore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=330&ParentCat=332 and soldiered a molex on to replace mac power connector

Not much to say here ... I might cut all the way down but for now I don't need access to usb2 ports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back