Graphics
HD4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I was trying to install clover yesterday night and failed somehow. However when I wanna quit and looked at my bios, I found there is an unknown entry called "Mac OS X" in my efi boot menu and there is no way for me to remove it. I unplugged all disk and it is still there. I tried to insert my clover usb stick back and boot from clover again but it doesn't work because there is no "UEFI: Sandisk" option. Any thought?
HGm1xhh.jpg

Unplug your drives and clear the BIOS CMOS settings.
The easiest way is to disconnect the power lead and then remove the battery for a few seconds.

Good Luck

I was trying to install clover yesterday night and failed somehow. However when I wanna quit and looked at my bios, I found there is an unknown entry called "Mac OS X" in my efi boot menu and there is no way for me to remove it. I unplugged all disk and it is still there. I tried to insert my clover usb stick back and boot from clover again but it doesn't work because there is no "UEFI: Sandisk" option. Any thought?
HGm1xhh.jpg
U can use UEFI shell to remove that entry.
Or u could just reflash your bios to return to default.
Clearing cmos will not help since this information its not in Cmos.

I don't know how to manage the UEFI shell, but finally I refresh the BIOS with the F5 version again and have it removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back