Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hacktintosh'ing for some time now with two hard drives, an SSD that had Windows and OSX installed on it and an internal 3TB hard drive for storage. The storage hard drive died (not the SSD, which has the operating systems installed on it). I replaced it and set it up using OSX. Next time I tried to run Windows, the user information was corrupted. My son re-installs Windows 7 and this time, the dual boot goes away. I can only run Windows now, though I have no reason to believe that the OSX installation was corrupted in any way.

How do I reset things (from within Windows 7 or the BIOS) to correct this? UEFI and PO settings for the SSD (shown below) both result in Windows 7 running. From what I can tell, all of the guides on the site presume a full install process. Any help would be greatly appreciated and apologies in advance if I have failed to provide relevant system information.

My system:
Gigabyte Z77X-UPS TH, bios version F11

Bios Settings:
XHCI Mode -> Auto
XHCI Pre-boot Driver -> Enabled
HS Port #1 (through #4) Switchable -> Enabled
SATA Mode Selection -> AHCI
Boot Option 1 UEFI: (My SSD) have also tried PO: (My SSD)

Win 7
OSX Mountain Lion

How do I reset things (from within Windows 7 or the BIOS) to correct this? UEFI and PO settings for the SSD (shown below) both result in Windows 7 running.

Every time you connect/disconnect a drive the BIOS/UEFI resorts the hard drive boot order.
Boot to BIOS/UEFI, set the HDD boot order (BBS boot order in UEFI) to OS X drive first.

Every time you connect/disconnect a drive the BIOS/UEFI resorts the hard drive boot order.
Boot to BIOS/UEFI, set the HDD boot order (BBS boot order in UEFI) to OS X drive first.

I should have been more clear: after I replaced the storage hard drive, the dual-boot was fine. The computer would boot normally. I mostly use it in OSX mode, and it worked fine for a couple of months.

It was only after we discovered that the Windows installation was corrupted (and re-installed Windows 7) that the dual boot option was lost. The driver order (to the best of my knowledge) is the same as it was originally. But, the SSD has two partitions (OSX and Windows) and for some reason, it just goes right to the Windows partition now.

I should have been more clear: after I replaced the storage hard drive, the dual-boot was fine. The computer would boot normally. I mostly use it in OSX mode, and it worked fine for a couple of months.

It was only after we discovered that the Windows installation was corrupted (and re-installed Windows 7) that the dual boot option was lost. The driver order (to the best of my knowledge) is the same as it was originally. But, the SSD has two partitions (OSX and Windows) and for some reason, it just goes right to the Windows partition now.

Installing Windows over-wrote the boot sector of the SSD - use your UniBeast/Chimera USB to boot the system, select OS X to boot and run MultiBeast to re-install Chimera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back