Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
My update to Ventura worked well.
System running good, but My mainboard only supports 30hz 4k with onboard HDMI port but want 60Hz 4k.. (Need HDMI as I use a TV for screen)
So I use a DP to HDMI adapter which lets me use 4k 60Hz but which is sometimes unreliable and I have to plug it out and in again sometimes.
Is there a graphics card that needs little power and has at least one HDMI port?
I don't need much graphics power. (but energy efficiency is preferred and low noise)
Should be easy to install into OC at best...

Any advice?

Last edited:
As always: Any supported dGPU (Polaris or RX6600 for lower cost) with the required output.

You may need to better explain the situation, as your motherboard appears to have a HDMI port. I assume that you want a higher refresh rate than 30 Hz and thus rely on DP output through an adapter, but it took me a little while to figure this out.

(Need HDMI as I use a TV for screen)
Maybe what you really need is a proper computer screen… (with DP in)
TVs are meant to be looked at from a distance and are not optimised for sharp display of fine static details, such as text.

As always: Any supported dGPU (Polaris or RX6600 for lower cost) with the required output.

You may need to better explain the situation, as your motherboard appears to have a HDMI port. I assume that you want a higher refresh rate than 30 Hz and thus rely on DP output through an adapter, but it took me a little while to figure this out.

Maybe what you really need is a proper computer screen… (with DP in)
TVs are meant to be looked at from a distance and are not optimised for sharp display of fine static details, such as text.
Thanks.
I edited my post to clarify.

You may need to look on eBay if you are after a less expensive graphics card that meets your needs. I was recently fortunate to obtain 2 x Sapphire Nitro RX 470 8GB cards for £65 & £70 respectively. They both work just fine in macOS Ventura.

Most AMD cards if not under pressure run silently, as the GPU fans don't kick in till the GPU temperature rises above 50/55°C. You are not going to find a passive/silent AMD dGPU that supports recent versions of macOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back