ATI 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all :)

I'm a bit irritated that i'm in this situation again, but i need advice on a new graphics card...

I have a 9800gt that doesn't work quite right for me (HDCP crashes my mac), and my replacement was a GTX260. I bought it because it was supposedly a reference card, and had 2 DVI ports. Well, neither of those was true, but the card worked fine for a while (5 months). Now, the HDMI port has packed up, and i'll be sending it back for a refund. The 9800gt is working as a backup for now, but it doesn't allow me to use my TV with it, so it's not great (part of the reason I use a hackintosh is as an HTPC).

So, i'm looking for a new, more powerful card, which is fully mac compatible. I'd like it to -
Work out of the box with as few tweaks as possible
Fully support 1080p resolutions on two monitors
Have 2 DVI outputs (or at least 1 DVI and one HDMI)
Work 100% with HDCP over HDMI (with no crashing etc)
Not have random KPs etc
Be less than £200/$250, but lower is better...

I've done quite a lot of reading on here, and from what I can tell, the 4xx series work really well, but lock up a lot. The 5770 is very popular, and is now fairly simple to install, but i'm a bit wary of ATI cards, although to be fair i have no idea why.

Could anyone recommend a card (preferably one that you've used) that fits the above specs? Even better, if you can post a link the exact card that you got, that would be fantastic :)

Thanks guys, sorry to trouble you again with such a dull question...

Jelly

I ended up with a 1gb Sapphire 5770. It works great, only had one weird issue so far (strange graphical distortions), but a reset fixed it.

I hope that i don't need to start another one of these threads in 6 months :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back