Graphics
NVIDIA 770m, 1920x180
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've done lots research on gettitng mac on os x on my laptop and fond this is the best way to do it. What i would like to do is but the mac os on a usb and boot from that instead of a partion on my hard drive, so i can have plenty of room on my hard drive and but it away when not needed I was wondering if this is possible. I'll purchase snow leopard installation disk.

Computer Specks: Asus G750JH, NVIDIA 770m, Intel core I7 47000HQ.

Thanks

I've done lots research on gettitng mac on os x on my laptop and fond this is the best way to do it. What i would like to do is but the mac os on a usb and boot from that instead of a partion on my hard drive, so i can have plenty of room on my hard drive and but it away when not needed I was wondering if this is possible. I'll purchase snow leopard installation disk.

Computer Specks: Asus G750JH, NVIDIA 770m, Intel core I7 47000HQ.

Thanks

I have experimented with cloning OS X to a 16Gb flash drive and booting from it. It will work, but the best I can say for it is that it is very slow. I also have a clean 10.6.8 SL install on a Toshiba 350Gb USB external portable HDD that I use to download new OS X versions as they come out. It works very well, although it is a bit slow compared to an internal drive.

Note that this is a clone of the original internal drive install - I did not do the install to the USB drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back