CPU
i5 750
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So i followed tony's manual for installing Lion, installed xMove on my second harddrive, installed on my primary HD, installation successfull. Thing is, it doesn't boot. Just shows "Loading operating system . . ." and stays there till infinty.

So what could be the problem? Should i just create a second partition on my first harddrive, like Tony does? Or am i doing something else wrong?

Already tried booting using iboot, gives Kernel Panic however. Uplugged second harddrive, nothing.

I had the same problem (Lion wouldn't boot after successful install). I got around it by booting a clone of my Snow Leopard install, and ran MultiBeast from there to my Lion install partition (they are on separate drives, just changed installation location to the partition that has Lion). I used the DSDT for my motherboard and was then able to boot into Lion. I ran MultiBeast one more time under Lion for audio/ethernet and everything seems to be working well now.

I didn't know if it would work when I did it, but I figured why not try, as I had tried everything else I could think of.

How did you use Multibeast to choose a different destination disk? I've thought of this before, but didn't see the Choose Destination option, unless I'm missing something really obvious, which is very possible.

Edit: I see it in 3.8.0... is it new to this version?

I do not know - I did use 3.8.0 however.

looks like your partition isn't active... or chimera didn't install correctly.

try booting with iBoot and reinstall chimera, or do the fdisk -e command

I get dsmos has arrived and it just sits there

Before that there is acpi_smc_platformplugin message with CPU management timing out

After a while iocatalogue gets reset

Amazing lack of help so far but it is the first day

luthan said:
I get dsmos has arrived and it just sits there

Before that there is acpi_smc_platformplugin message with CPU management timing out

After a while iocatalogue gets reset

Amazing lack of help so far but it is the first day

dsmos arrived is the second last line I have =D I guess we have the same issue.

FIX??

I read a post somewhere about installing Lion again onto the stucked one, and it seems to work for me. At least I am now able to login into the OS. Still a tons of kexts problems tho, but it's a great start.

Thanks guys, will test later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back