Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Does anyone have worked HDMI audio on recommended configuration:

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K - Amazon / Newegg
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 - Amazon / Newegg
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6870 - Amazon / Newegg

Voodoo HDA doesn't works on 10.7.1 and I can't find patched DSDT.aml with worked HDMI audio.

aplsms said:
Does anyone have worked HDMI audio on recommended configuration:

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K - Amazon / Newegg
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 - Amazon / Newegg
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6870 - Amazon / Newegg

Voodoo HDA doesn't works on 10.7.1 and I can't find patched DSDT.aml with worked HDMI audio.

For Lion AppleHDA HDMI audio, you have to edit your dsdt. Depending on the manufacturer of your HD 6870, you may have to also edit ATI6000Controller. HDMI audio in 10.7.1 works on my HD 6870.

Please tell me more. I have the same hardware. Gigabyte made my 6870 card. Can you point me to a step by step process to get hdmi audio working. I've tried a couple of guides I found on tonymac, tried editing my dsdt with one approach. Still no hdmi audio. Haven't read anything on the ATI file you mentioned though.

Thanks

seabird said:
Please tell me more. I have the same hardware. Gigabyte made my 6870 card. Can you point me to a step by step process to get hdmi audio working. I've tried a couple of guides I found on tonymac, tried editing my dsdt with one approach. Still no hdmi audio. Haven't read anything on the ATI file you mentioned though.

Thanks

HDMI audio DSDT editing guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=22030. I've heard the Gigabyte HD 6870 works without kext editing. Get your dsdt edited successfully and you should be good for HDMI audio.

seabird said:

Thanks

Hey man, check my post http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=30584, I've got downloads for my edited DSDT (F7 BIOS GA-Z68X-UD5-B3) using Toledos guide - as well the AppleHDA.kext which you will have to replace - The instructions are fairly straight forward.

Let me know how it's going - I'll see if I can help considering we have same setup.

EDIT: DUH already solved, didn't pay attention to poster (sorry Seabird)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back