Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey

My brother has had a PC for about 3 years, and it hasn't been working properly for about a year (hadn't been turned on for 6+ months until yesterday). Anyway, I had a go at fixing it up yesterday, fixed the CPU fan fault which had been causing it to shut down/not start up. I then decided to be really smart and flash the bios to the latest version... now it won't boot into the bios for me. :ugeek:

Ok, so I think this is an opportunity to rebuild it into a hackintosh if possible. It has a C2D Q6600, 8800GTS graphics card, a few gb DDR2 ram, working 500gb sata II HDD, a cheapo DVD RW.

I guess the current motherboard isn't going to work again (has been a problem since he bought the computer). Is there a good socket LGA 775 mobo for hackintosh? I think that will be all I require, maybe a new DVD drive and CPU cooler too.

Thanks to anyone who can offer advice.

To anyone who had used similar parts (if they are compatible with OS X?) will the install process similar to my own hackintosh (i5-760, ga-p55m-ud4, 9800GT)?

edit: found a couple of suggestions myself, just wondering if anyone knowledgable has any direct advice.

I would recomend GA-EX38-DS4. Have one in gaming hackintosh ;)
BTW: got the same processor like yours, (clocked to 3.2 GHz)

Thanks for the reply - I can't find anywhere in UK to buy it though. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back