1Gb GT-220
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys!

In my hackintosh at the moment I've got an Asus P7P55D-LE and an Intel Core i7-860, I'm looking to change my motherboard because the Asus P7P55D-LE has some rather tedious problems, mainly with the sound card limiting OSx86 performance, and mucking up the clock etc.

I was wondering if you had any non-asus LGA-1156 motherboard recommendations that work really well with snow leopard, I'm quite impartial to Gigabyte boards after positive experiences with them in the past.

Was looking at the GA-P55A-UD3, as it's in my price range (about £100 or less), but there's been mixed failure / success rates with OSx86, what do you guys think?

Thanks so much for your help,
Jack.

Tchaaa said:
Hey Guys!

In my hackintosh at the moment I've got an Asus P7P55D-LE and an Intel Core i7-860, I'm looking to change my motherboard because the Asus P7P55D-LE has some rather tedious problems, mainly with the sound card limiting OSx86 performance, and mucking up the clock etc.

I was wondering if you had any non-asus LGA-1156 motherboard recommendations that work really well with snow leopard, I'm quite impartial to Gigabyte boards after positive experiences with them in the past.

Was looking at the GA-P55A-UD3, as it's in my price range (about £100 or less), but there's been mixed failure / success rates with OSx86, what do you guys think?

Thanks so much for your help,
Jack.
The GA-P55A-UD3 is OK as long as you get a rev 1.0.

Thanks so much.
Is there any good way to tell wether it's a rev 1.0 or not? I'm looking at the ones on Amazon or Ebuyer.

Tchaaa said:
Thanks so much.
Is there any good way to tell wether it's a rev 1.0 or not? I'm looking at the ones on Amazon or Ebuyer.
The only way is to look on the box or on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back