Graphics
Nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Guys, I hope I’m in the right section if not relocate me. I have an issue here I’m running Leopard in 1 terabyte and Windows 7 ultimate in 350 gb on two different hdd’s now I have plugged in a hdd with window XP professional which my system is not able to recognize… My question is what can I do in order for my system recognizes the third hdd and be able to boot through chameleon. Do I need to reformat the third hdd.?? What can I do, should I change any settings on the bios? I don’t want to mess up my leopard system. The windows xp was formatted and installed in a different computer means I did not installed on this system….Windows XP OS is installed on the Fujitsu hdd which is connected on the blue port Sata2. Leopard on Sata0 and W7 on Sata1. My bios config are taken from here: http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/2010/07/opt ... ation.html

My system as follows:
GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366
SAPPHIRE 100314SR Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HD
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5
Western Digital Caviar BlueWD1002FAEX 350 GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5
Fujitsu 350 GB
LITE-ON 24X DVD Writer Black SATA Model iHAS424-98
COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced RC-932-KKN5-GP Black Steel
COOLER MASTER Silent Pro RS850-AMBAJ3-US 850W ATX12V v2.3
COOLER MASTER V8 RR-UV8-XBU1-GP 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler.

Thanks in advance

set the windows xp drive to the first boot in the bios.

if you cant boot into xp then, you know its not osx causing the problem, and that you need to reinstall xp.

from past practice though, windows xp installs havent worked for me on different motherboards, and just bluescreen or restart.
windows vista/7 installs have been more forgiving, but cant say why

Will Leopard be still working???
Won't I have no problems using Leopard and 7????

z3u4r5dok said:
Guys, I hope I’m in the right section if not relocate me. I have an issue here I’m running Leopard in 1 terabyte and Windows 7 ultimate in 350 gb on two different hdd’s now I have plugged in a hdd with window XP professional which my system is not able to recognize… My question is what can I do in order for my system recognizes the third hdd and be able to boot through chameleon. Do I need to reformat the third hdd.?? What can I do, should I change any settings on the bios? I don’t want to mess up my leopard system. The windows xp was formatted and installed in a different computer means I did not installed on this system….Windows XP OS is installed on the Fujitsu hdd which is connected on the blue port Sata2. Leopard on Sata0 and W7 on Sata1. My bios config are taken from here: http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/2010/07/opt ... ation.html

z3u4r5dok,
I don't use Windows, but as far as I remember, its ntldr has a limitation that it has to be on the 1st hard drive...
The Grub bootloader overcomes this by remapping the XP drive to hd0 upon booting it, but Chameleon doesn't do this...

Not sure if you'd be able to boot XP from the Win7 boot loader...
But if not, just add a small Linux partition and put grub on it... Then you can boot grub from within chameleon, and XP from grub...

Alternatively, move the XP drive to SATA0...

BTW, isn't XP really picky and doesn't like being moved between systems ?

Good Luck !
Lnx2Mac

I will do this right away. Will Post results..

Thanks a lot....

Problem is more likely that Windows XP was installed in IDE mode and not AHCI.

Google "change Win XP to AHCI". Basically, you will need to put your BIOS back to IDE mode, go into your XP disk (which will now boot) and change a setting in registry editor to let it work under AHCI.

Then you can reboot, change your BIOS to AHCI which all the OS'es will understand now and it should show up and hopefully be bootable from Chameleon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back