Contribute
Register

LENOVO ThinkPad T420 i5 + iBoot 3.1 + OS X SL 10.6.3 WORKS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that.
I have an Apple iMac with 10.6.8 on it. Can I just copy the IntelHD kexts from its S/L/E to my Lenovo 10.6.3 S/L/E without actually performing an upgrade?

No.

You might want to read the ProBook guide for clues... (eg. UpdateHelper...)
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-to-installing-snow-leopard-on-hp-probook.78905/

Ok I installed UpdateHelper and ran it, then ran combo 10.6.8 updater.

Unfortunately it started installing and got about 7/8 of way through then panicked with loads of text superimposed on the screen.I should have photographed it but didn't. Something about "could not find driver for this platform"

I suppose I could re-boot with iBoot Legacy, then re-insert 10.6.3 retail and then go to terminal. How do I then fix it from there? The fact that it only got 7/8 of the way through means some parts might not be updated/loaded.

BTW The ProBook installer mentioned in the link above says "file not found" when I look for it. I know its for an HP not Lenovo
but just wanted to point this out. Thanks for all the great work you do RehabMan.

Ok I installed UpdateHelper and ran it, then ran combo 10.6.8 updater.

Unfortunately it started installing and got about 7/8 of way through then panicked with loads of text superimposed on the screen.I should have photographed it but didn't. Something about "could not find driver for this platform"

I suppose I could re-boot with iBoot Legacy, then re-insert 10.6.3 retail and then go to terminal. How do I then fix it from there? The fact that it only got 7/8 of the way through means some parts might not be updated/loaded.

BTW The ProBook installer mentioned in the link above says "file not found" when I look for it. I know its for an HP not Lenovo
but just wanted to point this out. Thanks for all the great work you do RehabMan.

The ProBook installer is not appropriate for your laptop.
The ProBook series of laptops has a new guide... (that does not use the ProBook installer).

Your issue sounds like an ACPI problem...

The ProBook installer is not appropriate for your laptop.
The ProBook series of laptops has a new guide... (that does not use the ProBook installer).

Your issue sounds like an ACPI problem...

Ok tried DropSSDT=Yes
-x -v acpi=off PCIRootUID=0

Also have 8 Gig ram, took out one stick of 4Gig. Still same results. Remember this booted fine ( from iBoot ) into 10.6.3
so I must have BIOS settings ok and it also works fine with El Capitan but I do need Snow Leopard. See attached photos
for any clues please...

Attachments

• 2018-03-18-1490.jpg
    2018-03-18-1490.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 126
  • 2018-03-18-1491.jpg
    2018-03-18-1491.jpg
    1,010.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 2018-03-18-1492.jpg
    2018-03-18-1492.jpg
    927 KB · Views: 108
  • part1.jpg
    part1.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 104
Ok tried DropSSDT=Yes
-x -v acpi=off PCIRootUID=0

Also have 8 Gig ram, took out one stick of 4Gig. Still same results. Remember this booted fine ( from iBoot ) into 10.6.3
so I must have BIOS settings ok and it also works fine with El Capitan but I do need Snow Leopard. See attached photos
for any clues please...

By the time you are trying to boot 10.6.8, you should not be using iBoot anymore...
Need to have appropriate Clover or Chameleon with appropriate configuration for your hardware by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back