Contribute
Register

Lenovo P51 Mobile Workstation [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I was not really into these laptop specific things. Honestly it's a massive machine that I only use as a desktop. You would find sleep not working properly etc. I disabled all of this. Shutdown is my way.

If you find some improvements in this area let me know. The guides for this topic are crazy complicated.

Not sure how that dock is constructed but it has to be a similar solution as DisplayLink based ones. Other words interface via USB and a chip converting to HDMI signal.
If that is how it works then the only struggle is make that thunderbolt port work as USB-C.
I'll try to investigate that.

The original ThinkPad dock no chance as far as I read. It is due to the construction that routes the external port through Nvidia discrete GPU which won't work as I read in the various guides.

Strange after the big sur upgrade the system does not boot, I used again the 840g3 efi to get into the system.
I gave up and swapped the ssds with those that I have for windows.
@DrInvincibilis have you upgraded to latest big sur?

Hey. I was on Big Sur on my T450s however found it a bit CPU hog.
Reverted to Catalina with P51.
I would suggest prepare a Big Sur installation and try with it. Steps are easy and covered in OC guide. Upgrades as far as I know are often disaster. Would avoid them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back