Contribute
Register

Lenovo Legion Y520 15-IKBN Internal screen black with backlight after WG load.

Ok, I made changes, deleted bootargs wegenogpu novht and agdpmod, changed smbios to 14,1 and disabled kext and eeid injection, now it’s blackscreen and WiFi stopped working. Dortania guide suggest to use MacBookPro14,3 for laptop kaby lake, why should I use 14,1?

Ok, I made changes, deleted bootargs wegenogpu novht and agdpmod, changed smbios to 14,1 and disabled kext and eeid injection, now it’s blackscreen and WiFi stopped working. Dortania guide suggest to use MacBookPro14,3 for laptop kaby lake, why should I use 14,1?
i think i remember seeing another post that for some reason needed agdpmod=vit9696 despite not having suitable hardware, maybe the same case as yours

I came to the point, when i can set diffrent port, flags which is visible in hackintool, but the problem is, i got blackscreen on internal with every busid and port. It's not just black on some combinations, there are random stripes and screen glitches but no final output on screen. Idk what's wrong with that, every other OS use this screen without problem.

I quite figured out what's going on. Internal screen is somehow not compatible with macos, i swapped original LG display with BOE and it solve the problem, i dont even need to patch anything, it just works. But i really dont know why.. what's wrong with LG screen, it's working with linux and windows, even with macos in vesa mode, but macos after whatevergreen loaded can't deal with him. Colors, bitrates, driver? No idea and dont even know how to check, these displays have same parameters.

I quite figured out what's going on. Internal screen is somehow not compatible with macos, i swapped original LG display with BOE and it solve the problem, i dont even need to patch anything, it just works. But i really dont know why.. what's wrong with LG screen, it's working with linux and windows, even with macos in vesa mode, but macos after whatevergreen loaded can't deal with him. Colors, bitrates, driver? No idea and dont even know how to check, these displays have same parameters.
glad you got it working! shame you had to replace the screen though!

That was long journey but didn’t expect that type of solution, something must be with whatevergreen kext, I had similar problem with ivy bridge but there I could run igpu natively without whatevergreen and it did work. Thank you for tips

Back