Contribute
Register

Lenovo ideaPad Z500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i5200K
Graphics
GTX 550 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I have just bought this laptop and I have checked on the site on Hacintoshing issues but I do not find any post or related and also no DSDT or installation instruction. Maybe I did a bad purchase?

It has i7, IntelHD 4000. I could not find the motherboard information.

Please, if you know something about it, reply.

Hi, I have just bought this laptop and I have checked on the site on Hacintoshing issues but I do not find any post or related and also no DSDT or installation instruction. Maybe I did a bad purchase?

You patch your DSDT as required. A DSDT from another computer is generally a bad idea. How far are you into the install process?

Since it is a lenovo, the wifi card wont work because it is an Intel card. You cant replace it either since the BIOS has a whitelist block. Based on googling, this laptop should have a touch screen and so far they either does not work with osx or you need to buy the driver for it

You patch your DSDT as required. A DSDT from another computer is generally a bad idea. How far are you into the install process?

Thank you so much for your reply...Well, I think I am a bit lost with Laptops, although a year ago I built a desktop successfully.

At this moment the screen gets stuck on Apple Logo and does not go further, when I boot "-x" it gets to the installer, but I cannot make a partition since I cannot move the mouse and access the menu.

I am not sure if my model is really compatible with it, do I need to make some previous steps? The Model is IdeaPad Z500, i7, Intel HD4000 and Nvdia Card....maybe the CD Rom is causing some problem?

I am not sure if you need more relevant details. I am not sure if it's really possible, but if it's so I would be first to post here the success news.

Thank you for your time.

Thank you so much for your reply...Well, I think I am a bit lost with Laptops, although a year ago I built a desktop successfully.

At this moment the screen gets stuck on Apple Logo and does not go further, when I boot "-x" it gets to the installer, but I cannot make a partition since I cannot move the mouse and access the menu.

Did you create your Unibeast USB with laptop support?

Did you create your Unibeast USB with laptop support?

Hi, yes I did. Lion 10.8+Laptop Support. Also my BIOS is limited (Not possible to see Advanced Settings). Maybe i should try older versions of Unibeast?

This is the error which I got when I boot normally. Please see attachment and thank you for your time. One more question, If I replace orginal bios with third party, will I gain something?

Attachments

• IMG_20131004_215143.jpg
    IMG_20131004_215143.jpg
    740 KB · Views: 641
Hi, yes I did. Lion 10.8+Laptop Support. Also my BIOS is limited (Not possible to see Advanced Settings). Maybe i should try older versions of Unibeast?

This is the error which I got when I boot normally. Please see attachment and thank you for your time. One more question, If I replace orginal bios with third party, will I gain something?

Try using a USB keyboard+mouse to do the install. Then later, deal with the PS2 problem. I've seen some DSDTs that don't define the PS2 devices (PS2K, PS2M) which would cause the PS2 drivers to not load. That kind of DSDT issue can be fixed (I think), if that's what it turns out to be.

Try using a USB keyboard+mouse to do the install. Then later, deal with the PS2 problem. I've seen some DSDTs that don't define the PS2 devices (PS2K, PS2M) which would cause the PS2 drivers to not load. That kind of DSDT issue can be fixed (I think), if that's what it turns out to be.

Thank you a lot! I will let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back