Contribute
Register

Lenovo IdeaPad 330S-15IKB Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
your profiles should be switched round

look at mine

<----
Hi Feartech - thank you for your patience with me. I have attached the output of the "problem reporting files".

Still working on getting audio working first. Then will tackle my other issues. One thing I would like to confess is that I have AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext in both EFI/Clover/kexts/Other as well as /Library/Extensions. In my attempts to get audio working, I have installed them in both locations - different guides say to place them in one or the other place, and at this point, I do not know which one is correct.

Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 60
Hi Feartech - thank you for your patience with me. I have attached the output of the "problem reporting files".

Still working on getting audio working first. Then will tackle my other issues. One thing I would like to confess is that I have AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext in both EFI/Clover/kexts/Other as well as /Library/Extensions. In my attempts to get audio working, I have installed them in both locations - different guides say to place them in one or the other place, and at this point, I do not know which one is correct.

Any help will be appreciated.
only essential kexts belong in clover/kexts/other

audio is not an essential part of installing macOS so has no business in being in clover

also all kexts are installed to /library/Extensions

How to install kexts:

only essential kexts belong in clover/kexts/other

audio is not an essential part of installing macOS so has no business in being in clover

also all kexts are installed to /library/Extensions

How to install kexts:
Thank you for the guidance on the proper location of 3rd party kexts. I have installed them to /L/E/ per the guide and removed them from /EFI/clover/kexts/other.

I found on another thread to change the layout-id for the audio to 0F000000, which worked at getting my audio working (though it seems a little low volume). In that thread RehabMan made some suggestions that this is not quite the correct data that should be applied to this field. I replied to that thread and will look for clarification there. So this means my audio is working well enough that we can stop working on it here.

If you think it is appropriate, I will create a new thread for the next issue I would like to fix (trackpad). If you think it would be ok to keep working in this thread instead, I will do so.

Thank you for the guidance on the proper location of 3rd party kexts. I have installed them to /L/E/ per the guide and removed them from /EFI/clover/kexts/other.

I found on another thread to change the layout-id for the audio to 0F000000, which worked at getting my audio working (though it seems a little low volume). In that thread RehabMan made some suggestions that this is not quite the correct data that should be applied to this field. I replied to that thread and will look for clarification there. So this means my audio is working well enough that we can stop working on it here.

If you think it is appropriate, I will create a new thread for the next issue I would like to fix (trackpad). If you think it would be ok to keep working in this thread instead, I will do so.

Hello much more. I have an almost identical hardware then yours and Im having audio problem too. The audio works on note and on BT but when I plug a headphone on P2 the audio sounds really bad.
Where is the post with ´´layout-id for the audio to 0F000000´´info? Can u please share?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back