Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo G50-80 80E501GQIX
CPU
i5-5200u
Graphics
intel HD5500 + Radeon R5 m330
hi all, very very newbie here.
I have a Lenovo g50-80 and tried to install Mac OS. Read many many guides and came here.
Basically, I found a thread where a user explained his successful story.
Here what I am speaking about:

So, I used exactly its clover efi folder and everything went basically fine. Now I am on Mojave.
Managed to add wifi for intel ac3160 card, very happy!!!

But of course some problems also: trackpad was literally crazy. further investigation on it and found that that guy has a synaptic trackpad, while mine is elan. sure of this, windows confirmed.
So i deleted voodoo kext in clover/kext/other folder and used ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext
Now trackpad is working fine, including gestures, but with this kext I loose the F11-F12 brightness control, which I have if I use voodoo kext.

So, my question is: is there a way to have now F keys to control brightness, using ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext? Is it normal that after having changed from voodoo kext to ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext I lost F brightness control keys? That guy already mapped the keys, and actually they are fully working with voodoo kext.

Brightness control is fully working on monitor pref panel.

Last edited:
hi all, very very newbie here.
I have a Lenovo g50-80 and tried to install Mac OS. Read many many guides and came here.
Basically, I found a thread where a user explained his successful story.
Here what I am speaking about:

So, I used exactly its clover efi folder and everything went basically fine. Now I am on Mojave.
Managed to add wifi for intel ac3160 card, very happy!!!

But of course some problems also: trackpad was literally crazy. further investigation on it and found that that guy has a synaptic trackpad, while mine is elan. sure of this, windows confirmed.
So i deleted voodoo kext in clover/kext/other folder and used ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext
Now trackpad is working fine, including gestures, but with this kext I loose the F11-F12 brightness control, which I have if I use voodoo kext.

So, my question is: is there a way to have now F keys to control brightness, using ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext? Is it normal that after having changed from voodoo kext to ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext I lost F brightness control keys? That guy already mapped the keys, and actually they are fully working with voodoo kext.

Brightness control is fully working on monitor pref panel.
maybe this:

nope.
put the kext in clover folder and reboot. still no keys control the brightness

nope.
put the kext in clover folder and reboot. still no keys control the brightness
hopefully you didn't use the DSDT.aml from that guide but rather you patched your own?

hopefully you didn't use the DSDT.aml from that guide but rather you patched your own?
I used every single file from that guide.
Then, since voodoo kext gave me problems with trackpad, I replaced it with Appleps2smartouchpad.kext.
But didn't touch anything else, so I suppose I still am using that file.....
Sorry, but really newbie here.....

I used every single file from that guide.
Then, since voodoo kext gave me problems with trackpad, I replaced it with Appleps2smartouchpad.kext.
But didn't touch anything else, so I suppose I still am using that file.....
Sorry, but really newbie here.....
more info on DSDT patching here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back