Contribute
Register

LEGACY build, High Sierra & Win 10: Win 10 won't boot from clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte P67A-UD3P-B3
CPU
i72600K
Graphics
GTX770
Hi all, I've got a LEGACY build, with a LEGACY bios, on a LEGACY Mobo with Clover installed in LEGACY mode - no UEFI for me!

Windows 10 will boot if I DON'T USE Clover and simply just select the HD from the Bios.
If I run clover - OSX High Sierra boots fine but Windows 10 won't boot from Clover. (EFI/Clover has NTFS.EFI installed)

When I click the Windows Icon in Clover I just get a freeze of black screen with blue windows logo.

Attempts to solve problem so far:
Confirmed that my my conifg.plist has 'legacy' selected in the 'GUI custom section' and 'PBR legacy' in the Boot section.

I tried a potential 'fix' I found which involves installing the Windows EFI bootloader (bootmgfw.efi) on the Windows NFTS partition (using bcdboot.exe) via command prompt from Win 10 DVD but it made no difference.

What Can I do do get Win 10 to boot from clover? It's difficult to find 'Legacy' tutorials as the majority of people have UEFI motherboards and so it's difficult to find a tutorial for older legacy builds.

Any help would be appreciated, I attach my config.plist

Thanks so much.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 116
Update: After selecting the Windows Icon in Clover, if I wait for 1:27 mins then it opens the Windows 10 login!

So it does boot after all, but that's pretty slow for an SSD!

It's quicker for me to just hit F12 on boot and select the Windows SSD. When I select it in the Bios Boot it takes 5 seconds to boot.

If anyone knows how I can speed up CLOVER then please let me know!

The problem is not Clover - it is Win10. While Win10 will boot on a legacy build, it was primarily developed for UEFI booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back