i3-10105T
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The Desktop community has a number of "Golden Builds": for example the Optiplex line is a good starter for the novice. That being said, I am wondering if there are similar golden builds for laptops and if there is a specific series that is a good place for a novice.

There used to be a few HP ProBook threads that were like Golden Builds for desktops. Those are all very old guides now that haven't kept up to date with the latest macOS versions. The best way to go today is to buy a tenth gen laptop with UHD 620 or 630 and it should be good for at least 3 years or more running macOS.

@trs96. Thank you for the history / insight. I was also thinking 10th gen laptop with UHD 620 or 630. That being said, is there any consensus as to a 10th get laptop that is easoer to outfit? Dell? Lenovo? Just as useful would be to know any laptops to avoid.

@trs96. Thank you for the history / insight. I was also thinking 10th gen laptop with UHD 620 or 630. That being said, is there any consensus as to a 10th get laptop that is easer to outfit? Dell? Lenovo? Just as useful would be to know any laptops to avoid.
@Feartech is the man to ask that question as he follows the laptop builds most closely.

@Feartech based on Moderator trs96's comment: please consider weighing in with an opinion. I look forward to testing a 10th gen laptop with an iGPU based on your comment

@Feartech based on Moderator trs96's comment: please consider weighing in with an opinion. I look forward to testing a 10th gen laptop with an iGPU based on your comment
have not hacked a 10th gen laptop before

best to look at the laptop guides and see which one takes your fancy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back