Motherboard
Gigabyte Black Edition | GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX960 G1 Gaming
Howdy all,

The Short:
I have a clover USB that boots Yosemite 10.10.5 (from the SSD), but I can't boot only from the SSD. I have to have the USB.

The Long:
I'm afraid I've gotten myself confused and cannot figure this out. I have a USB with clover on it, and have been using it to boot with (my chameleon quit booting, but I enjoy having iMessage anyway). I've tried to install clover onto the SSD, but I'm getting something wrong. I've so far been unable to find a way to copy the USB bootloader onto the SSD (I know it works; everything but audio which a mod says will be fixed when installed on SSD). When I boot from the SSD's bootloader, I get a KernelPanic along the lines of driver not found ACPIPlatformExpert.cpp.

I can provide whatever is needed! I am honestly not sure where to go from here as I've failed at the other guides I've followed and haven't had time to truly learn my way around all of the intricacies of the hackintosh environment.

Download https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/efi-mounter-v3.280/ if you do not already have it.
Launch Terminal and use diskutil list command to find the drive IDs
Say your SSD is SD0 and your USB is SD1
Launch EFIMounter and mount the USB EFI partition.
In that partition is a floder labeled EFI - copy it to your desktop
eject the EFI partition (you can go ahead and eject the USB also and remove it)
launch EFIMounter again and select your SSD drive and mount the EFI partition.
Replace the EFI folder you find there with the one on your desktop.
This should get you booting from your SSD. You can now make whatever changes you need.

Download https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/efi-mounter-v3.280/ if you do not already have it.
Launch Terminal and use diskutil list command to find the drive IDs
Say your SSD is SD0 and your USB is SD1
Launch EFIMounter and mount the USB EFI partition.
In that partition is a floder labeled EFI - copy it to your desktop
eject the EFI partition (you can go ahead and eject the USB also and remove it)
launch EFIMounter again and select your SSD drive and mount the EFI partition.
Replace the EFI folder you find there with the one on your desktop.
This should get you booting from your SSD. You can now make whatever changes you need.

Your instructions were perfect! Very simple, so much so that I feel like I should have figured that out. Thanks much!

My audio is the only thing that really needs to be fixed now. That might need to be another forum area though. The audio should be ALC1150 based on my motherboard, but unfortunately it isn't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back