Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

First of all, thank you very much for your big work!!

After many days investigating on the net finally I got resolved a problem wich avoid me to use appstore but I got no audio therefore I installed the new Multibeast versión (4.3) and after some trials, I selected all audio options available....bad idea!! I got a kernel panic and no way to fix it.

Any help to undo the multibteast changes are welcome.

In the kernel panic I can see that something is wrong with vodoo drivers.

Would you help me? It has been many many days untill I got everything working and now.... :(

I'd to remark that multibeast is fantastic and I know that my problem was generated by me because I did't investigate so much before to select all audio options.

If you need more info from my system, please let me know: I've a motherboard from Gygabyte ga-z68x-ud3h-b3.

Thank you in advance.

the amount of time it will take to undo your mistake ,just reinstall again it only takes 30 mins or so and when using multibeast check boxes one at a time repair permissions and make a log of what you installed then if it KP's you know what has caused it and can remove it when back in the desktop or failing that -s and remove in root

Thank you for your answer veng58.

I'm not sure about that to reinstall will be 30 mins. The problem is not to reinstall, the problem is that It was a long time untill everything was working fine and I feel I have not the strength to get everything working again.

On the other side, If I reinstall everything again, I will grow up my knows about the installation process :)

Not sure what to do, I'd prefer to undo multibeast actions regarding audio if possible.

Best Regards,

well another way is to install again on a 10gb partition and then go in and delete the kexts ,as i say if you can get to root with -s you can do it with command line prompts but unless you know them its difficult

Would you tell me where can I find the kexts? That's could be the solution! :)

system/library/extensions if you look at what you installed in multibeast i.e voodoo delete all of those kexts ,get it on another partition doesnt need to boot from hdd just iboot you can get to the other SL and delete them ,give it a try

another way is disable audio azalia in bios as you have no audio onboard it might load as it is not looking for audio ;)

think about these things logically audio disable lan disable usb3 disable ,see a pattern ?i would disable audio first as it is your problem ,hope it works

I do hope this makes some sense to you or any one else reading it

It has worked!!!

Let me explain what I've done:

Once more I had not enought patience to investigate or wait to your last answer so that I followed your first recomendation and I reinstaled the LION again from my USB stick (I installed a virtual leopard and I bought it in the App store, then I transfer to my USB: I'm not sure I'm able to repeat it again therefore I have not delete the USB :) ) buuut after the reinstallation....SAME PROBLEM! I must say that I didn't format my disk . Yes, I've have done a backup using Ubuntu as root (for privileges) but I wanted to try if my files still there, and yes, they were there (I guess it) but the system files too (I guess it again) and I got the Kernel Panic again.... :(

What I have done?.... come back to the forum to search more information, then I have seen your las answer and I've tried to delete the Kext. I've booted with the same Ubuntu distrito I've used to make the backup (11.10 in another USB) and I've deleted the folder system/library/extensions/voodooHDA as root with the command rm -r (I'dont remember the exact name of the folder but it was the unique folder with voodoo in the name inside system/library/extensions folder) then I've rebooted and...voila! IT worked!!! :):)

Of course, as I've reinstalled the system, It was the 10.7.2 versión (wich is the versión I have in my USB) and without audio so that I've updated to the 10.7.3 without problem. Once the update was completed, I still without audio but the rest work fine: appstore, graphinc card, etc.

Currently I'm trying to make the audio Works (alc 889)...I know there is a tread in the forum about it so I'm going to read it and let's see.

I must say a BIG THANK YOU veng58!!! with your help I've my system up and running again.

Merçi Beacoup.

Re: Kernel Panic after select all audio in Multibeast4.3[SOLVED]

I have changed the subject of this tread to [SOLVED]

It has been a very long night playing with my Hackintosh :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back