Graphics
RTX 2060 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All.
Hoping that someone may be able to assist me. Unfortunately I stupidly installed Windows as my initial OS on a system that I want to multiboot. Now I just can’t seem to get macOS to boot or install. I’ve followed the steps on here using UniBeast to make a bootable installation flash drive. It isn’t recognised by my BIOS when I stick it into my USB slot. Ive tried setting my boot options to both UEFI and Legacy, from hard drives and USB’s. I’ve tried Mojave and High Sierra. I removed my SATA cables from all my hard drives except the one I wanted to install/boot to, but still no recognition. I’ve tried adjusting setting in my BIOS, but still no joy. I feel like I’ve tried everything but I just can’t get it to boot. I even installed Mojave off my Mac Mini onto the hard drive I want to use, and it seemingly booted from that drive on my Mini, but when I tried to boot on my PC it wouldn’t recognise the drive. I’ve tried several different USB flash drives. None work. Am I doing something fundamentally wrong, or did I just screw everything by installing Windows first? Any and ALL help would be very much appreciated.

Installing Windows first has no effect on trying to install Mac OS later. The only problems you may have are the UEFI/BIOS settings - they must be correct for the Mac OS installation. Since you probably did not set up for the Mac originally, your Windows may or may not work properly at first and you may need to re-install.
Follow the forum installation guide for installing the version of Mac you have on your hardware. If you installed Mac OS on a drive from your Mac machine, connect it to your PC hardware and try booting it with the UniBeast USB (it will not boot without a boot loader, which the Mac OS installer does not install for you).

Ok, thank you very much. I’ll give that a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back