i5-2500K OC 4.2GHz
Graphics
HD 6850
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
intelivybridgeroadmap.jpg

Intel's new chipset gets leaked and looks like we will now have to wait till the second quarter of 2012 to get our hands on them.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-57336 ... ed-report/

Ah man! I'm trying to sell my current PC to buy a new i5 for Lion (thinking with SSD +++).
I guess now I'll just have to wait then :p

So if this is released in mars/april... When will Lion actually support it? Will Apple MAYBE start using it in 2012, and then we might be able to get native support in 2013...?

Also, what about the price? Will that be ridiculously high...?
I'm thinking like $1.000 for the whole computer (I have keyboard, monitor etc.)
(Btw, this is in Norway. The cheapest iMac is $1600 here!)

I can wait, but if I have to wait another year, I'll just buy Sandy Bridge. I would really like 22nm though - Cold and silent. Perfect for my studio!

Right now I'm thinking;

GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
Intel i5 2500
Corsair XMS3 Vengeanse (either 8GB or 16GB)
Sapphire Radeon HD6870 1GB
Corsair Force 3 240GB (good allround SSD!!!)
OCZ MODXSTREAM Pro 500W

And I want to put it in a Fractal Design Define Mini (So silent!)

BUT - I'd rather wait for Ivy Bridge... :beachball:

nordemoniac said:
So if this is released in mars/april... When will Lion actually support it? Will Apple MAYBE start using it in 2012, and then we might be able to get native support in 2013...?

Also, what about the price? Will that be ridiculously high...?

Apple has already announced that they will be using the Ivy Bridge in their new computers (well at least their laptops) and it has been supposedly reported that they are already supported.

About the price point... yea I'm sure it will be high, probably on the border of ridiculous.
Maybe the high price point will be counter balanced by truly sufficient integrated graphics freeing you from buying that GPU even if you like to play games. That is what I'm hoping for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back