i5-10500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android

These are primarily for use with a desktop that has DP outputs or for adapting DP from your graphics card to a 4K television or monitor that only has HDMI inputs. If you want to connect a 4K TV to your hackintosh this is the most affordable solution. I've owned one for nearly a year now and it's a keeper. I already had a high quality HDMI 2.0 cable to pair with it.

1645630262818.png

The iVanky's casing is made of metal (AL) not plastic and has a high quality braided connector cable too.

In contrast the Club3D version costs nearly 2x as much and has a large, square and clunky HDMI end of the adapter. Both ends are plastic shells but they are durable.

41c9Fa9bOZL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

It works fine but why pay almost 2 times more to get the same results ?

Last edited:
If you do need a high quality HDMI 2.0 cable, these are also on sale from iVanky at Amazon. 18 Gbps data transfer.

If you need 10 feet, that length is selling for $8.99 1 dollar less than the 6.6 ft. HDMI cable. Check via the link above.

Finally, if you just want the DP to HDMI cable (6.6 FT) and no adapter to plug into, that is selling for $16.99 right now.

Here's an Amazon reviewer, telling why it's better to buy a higher quality cable that might cost slightly more.
So I purchased a mini form-factor PC with the intent of making it a media PC for my home theater system. It came stock with DisplayPorts, no HDMI, but it was on sale for a great price. I figured I could get a $8 DisplayPort to HDMI adapter, connect a high-speed HDMI cable I already had, and I’d be off to the races. No such luck. I got the least expensive adapter I could find here on Amazon. While the video quality was generally good, 4K at 60 Hz but no HDR, the audio was plagued with pops and clicks and what I can only refer to as ‘digital static’. Not good. Then, a few days later both the video and audio would suddenly, and randomly, cutout; my TV display would go black for 10-15 seconds and then come back. Thinking this issue was with my PC, I called the manufacturer. We spent 45 minutes, or so, on the phone troubleshooting. Everything pointed to the adapter as the problem, so I got another, more expensive one, again here on Amazon. With the new $13 adapter video sucked, only 1080p, but the audio was much better. Since I use my media PC mostly as a music server and HD-music streamer, I decided to live with the lower video resolution. And then the blackouts returned, worse than ever. That’s when I found this iVanky adapter/cable. I’ve had it for three weeks now and it’s perfect: 4K @ 60 Hz, HDR; the audio is clear, ‘digital static’ free; and I’ve not experienced a blackout once. Don’t waste your money on cheaper. Spend a few more bucks and get an adapter that works as advertised from the start. Thank you iVanky!

1645750079830.png

The advantage of the adapter in post #1 is that you can change the length of the HDMI cable for various applications. If you only need 4 feet, plug in a 3.3 ft. HDMI cable. If you need 15 ft. just switch to a cable that length. If you need an active adapter you've got that too. That's why I prefer the DP -> HDMI adapter over a fixed 6.6 ft. DP to HDMI cable.

Last edited:
How about the super cheap adapters you find on Ebay for less than 3 dollars ?

I've tried a few of these and they tend to break quite easily. The plastic is cheap, they have latches that make them hard to remove. They are only DP 1.1 so the best resolution is 1080p at 60Hz. OK if you have no money and just need to produce a picture on your screen. Not a long term solution. Kind of a "disposable" product. As the saying goes, "you get what you pay for." If you spend $2.59 you get only that much quality.

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 10.06.41 AM.png

Here you can see the "teeth" that lock it into place when installed in the port. You have to press down on the plastic piece to the left to disengage it. Doesn't always work. I've seen some people destroy their adapters by forcefully trying to pull them out when they are locked in the port. Not pretty. Just buy another one ? No, get the iVanky and avoid that issue completely.

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 10.19.20 AM.png

The iVanky doesn't have any teeth so it removes quite easily with no risk of damage.

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 10.25.25 AM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back